Monday, November 16, 2009

Wow, time passed

I can't believe that it's been almost four months since I wrote in my blog. Much has happened over these weeks.

The last week in July I had a regular physical. They said that I needed a tetanus shot because it's been over ten years since I had one. Well, that will be the last one I ever have. I believe that I had a severe reaction to the inoculation. I had the shot on Monday. Wednesday I couldn't get up from my bed without spasms in my back, I couldn't stand straight, and I couldn't walk across the room. It was horrific. Ever since then, I've had trouble with my legs. I contacted both my family physician and my oncologist, neither of them think this episode was related to the inoculation.

The first week of October I attended a cancer support group. I shared about my experience with the inoculation. One of the other members said that the same thing happened to her. After a tetanus shot she had a horrible time with her immune system. She said that it took about a year to get back to normal---whatever normal is.

We drove to Utah with Wyatt, Caleb, and Tate the first weekend in August. We had a great visit with Beau and his family. Wyatt drove on up to Idaho for a Manion family reunion. We drove up with Beau's family to tour Yellowstone. We stayed at Shawna's two nights---Beau and his family camped out in a great double tent. We had a wonderful trip.

On the way home we visited a little known spot outside Moab. It was every bit as beautiful as the Grand Canyon---just not as big.

School started in August. We've just completed the second six weeks grading period. It's hard to believe that our school year is 1/3 over. My classroom has been moved out to a portable at Birdville Elementary. That's pretty rough on a windy day----plays havoc with my allergies.

Last week I completed my 6th course for my master's program. A new course starts today. It's a technology course. I have to create another blog----at their suggested address. This may prove to be an interesting course.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say a Happy New Year to you!! Hope you are well and taking care of yourself! God Bless you!
    Love Jenny from Downunder Oz!
    xo

    ReplyDelete