Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday

It's been a hectic week, yet I don't feel like I accomplished much. The best part of my week was that Carrie Mae and the boys came to visit on Thursday afternoon. Hayley and the boys came, too. I truly love being with my grandchildren. Their moms are really terrific mothers---wish I had been as good a mom as they are.

Friday I left around 4:45 to drive down to Mansfield. I watched the boys while Hayley and David had an evening out. We watched a movie and read library books. Miles didn't wake up at all----that was disappointing---but just because I wanted to hold him----I'm sure he needed his rest.

Today I spent most of my time making a PowerPoint slideshow presentation for Primary tomorrow. It takes me about 6 hours to do a slideshow---depending on how much hunting I have to do for clipart and how much adjusting of fonts and spacing. I love doing it, though. I feel like it's something that's really important for me to do. I just hope that I'm obeying copyright laws. I'd really hate to get into trouble because of a Primary lesson.

I got another e-mail about my slideshows. He said that the week Melanie didn't put one on the website he created his own. He said he didn't add clipart---so he knew what a lot of work it takes to do. He expressed his gratitude.

Sister Kemple said that she would take turns with me---but she doesn't know how to make a slideshow, so I'm just going to keep doing it. I plan to do slideshows for every lesson from now until the end of the year. If I have the time, I'll go back and do the lessons that I didn't create slideshows for and add clipart to the first ones. I didn't do much clip art with the first ones.

A sister sent me a thank you a few weeks ago---she has an autistic grandson who she's been trying to teach the gospel to. She said that she had prayed earnestly for help. When she found my slideshows, she had success. She just wanted to let me know how thankful she was.

We never know how much effect we have on others lives when we just serve in our callings with our best efforts. I had no idea that these little slideshows would be so beneficial. I was just sharing them so that others wouldn't have to work so hard----seems they've found a real niche and I'm really glad.

We have changed our meeting schedule. We moved back to the Keller Building (we've been going to the Beach street building for two years), and now we go at 2:00. That's like a blessing in itself. Now I can work on the slideshow in the mornings and be finished by Sunday evening for the next week. Plus, that gets me studying the gospel on Sundays. With my coursework schedule and school starting soon, I really need to find a way to make this work.

I was getting a bit distressed today. I have Primary, Webelos, visiting teaching, my master's coursework, going with Mike to do his home teaching when he does it, and soon I'll have school. The hours run into each other. I'm really worried about getting too stressed.

My legs haven't been swollen for three days----and that's a good thing. I have a physical scheduled for Monday. I had bloodwork and other labs last week. They sent a note telling me that my colestral levels are too high. I guess we'll discuss that on Monday.

I really am uncomfortable about my weight. I need to really work at this and bring those levels down. I'm uncomfortable because I am so heavy. I don't want to go outside, to the store, or anyplace. My clothes are too tight. I just really need to accomplish something.

Next week here I come.....

1 comment:

  1. Just read your comment on Deal Seeking Mom and found my way to your blog. Small world! Don't wear yourself out. Sounds like you are running too much. Sue Layne

    ReplyDelete