Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Friends

Yesterday Kari and Amy Burton came over from Graham for lunch. It was wonderful to get to see them and have a long chat. We went to lunch at Cheddars and then came back to our house to visit. Hayley drove up from Mansfield with the boys. We haven't seen the Burton's since last year when Kari and Kevin celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary.

Amy is at BYU Idaho. She'll go one more semester and then she's planning on moving to Las Vegas to go to the Cordon Bleu----a culinary school. She wants to specialize in pastries and cakes---especially cake decorating. Shane has invited her to live with them.

Shane and his family are in Las Vegas. Shane is a Nevada marshall. His wife is having their second baby tomorrow.....another boy. Their oldest is Gage---this one will be named Raygan Beau (he's still undecided about the spelling). I hope all goes well for them.

I must work hard the next three days on my coursework. Assignments are now due on Thursdays. That's good----hopefully I can work hard enough in three days to get the job done.

I still need to finish my slideshow for my Primary lesson. I'm working on it on Sunday mornings before church. We moved back to the Keller building and our meeting time is now 2:00 so that gives me a bunch of time to work. I just need to add some clip art and tweek it a bit and I'll be finished. I sure hope I can keep up with all of this while we are on vacation. I really need to try to get two lessons ahead before we leave.

Tonight is pack meeting. I don't attend pack meeting. Mike goes. We have one active webelos scout and just got a new boy who was baptized last Saturday. He has never been in scouting so it will be interesting to see how it works out. He's been to our Primary class the last two Sundays and he seems to be a nice young man.

1 comment:

  1. it was actually the burton's 30th wedding anniversary

    ReplyDelete