Saturday, July 18, 2009

Aches and pains

This is my third attempt at this post. The first time, when I clicked "publish post" there was a snafu, and it didn't post and the typing space was blank. I typed it again, only this time I did it in word so that I could copy and paste. Well, word doesn't copy and paste into this blog. So, here I go again....

A week ago I had a physical. Because I haven't had a tetanus shot in over 10 years, I got to have one that day. Tuesday the injection site was a little warm and red. Wednesday it was about 3 inches in diameter, hot, swollen, hard, and itchy. That day I also noticed an increase in pain. I laid down on our bed to read my assignments for my master's class. When I went to stand up, I couldn't do so without excruciating pain. I could barely walk to the bedroom door because of the pain and spasms. Usually once I start walking, the pain works out. This pain was around my thoracic surgery site---it was like getting cut in half. I have not had that kind of pain in months---maybe even years. It was definitely a 10+ on the pain scale. I took some ibuprofen and sat down for awhile. Since then, I've continued having trouble. Wednesday was the worst and each day has been progressively better, but I'm still hurting more than normal.

I called the doctor's office. They just said to keep ice on the site and take ibuprofen. Hmmm. I forgot about not having anything done to that arm (since the cancer surgery and removal of three lymph nodes from under that arm). That could be the reason that it's taking so long to clear up. I'll just keep on keeping on, but it sure has made me thankful for pain free days.

I finished Blaine's baby quilt Saturday. The twins are 7 months old, but I just didn't get them finished. I completed the tops in April. Houston is so hot, they didn't need the quilts so I wasn't in a big rush. It's a grandma thing. I want to make a baby quilt for each grandchild. I've still got to quilt Neil's and make one for Miles. I wanted to make lap quilts for the kids on their 4th birthday. I didn't accomplish that. Thomas, Elizabeth, and Rebekah have one---but that's it. I need to get busy----maybe after I finish my master's.

I thought that maybe I should finish the twins's quilts because we're going to Utah and Idaho with them, and it may be cool enough at night that they just might need them. It's a surprise for Carrie---or a burden---they'll have to drag them around with them, even if they don't need them. Hopefully, they are big enough for them to use next winter or just haul around with them to watch TV or whatever. They're probably too cumbersome---Caleb had a little crocheted blanket that he still hauls around....that's what's neat, when they love it so much, they take it everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment