Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Tolerable Tuesday Morning

Today was open house for Birdville Elementary. We tried something new today. We had open house from 7:45 to 9:00----during school hours. It was great. I really loved seeing the parents going to class with their children. The teachers went ahead with morning school work and the parents also participated. I taught Ms. Dorman's third grade and Ms. White's first grade classes while parents were there. I did a lesson with riddles...it was a terrific experience, especially for the children.

Here are some of the riddles...
I just love the mud,
And I satrt with P;
I am fat and smart,
And I end with G.
What am I?

My color means please stop,
And I end in D;
And some fire engines,
Have been painted me.
What am I?

I will be your friend,
And I start with D;
I will guard your house,
And I end with G.
What am I?......

I found some new giveaway sites---I thought I would share them with buttons on the left.
The Take It from Me has a great giveaway from High Sierra They have some great day packs!!
The Easy Lunch Boxes giveaway is great, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment